Pet Owner Resources
Helpful Links for Memphis Animal Clinic Clients in Shelby County
Memphis Pet Adoptions
As many of us know, there is a high population of stray animals in the Memphis and Mid-South area. If you are looking to add to your family, we suggest you check out some of the Memphis animal rescue groups or shelters below.
- West Memphis Animal Shelter - Aim to provide a safe, temporary shelter for lost, abandoned, abused, and injured animals
- Memphis Animal Services
- Humane Society of Memphis & Shelby County
- Alive Rescue Memphis - Foster based rescue program for homeless animals in Memphis
- All Heart Animal Rescue - 5013c non-profit, foster, and volunteer-based organization located in the Memphis
- Angels Among Us Animal Rescue - Spread across many states, they look to find all animals a home
- Southern States Rescued Rottweilers - Non-profit helping abandoned and mistreated Rottweilers
Memphis Pet Services
- The Pawsome Pet Concierge - Pet Sitting & Pet Walking
- Dog Woods Training Center
- Dogs Rule Daycare and School
Lost or Found a Pet in Memphis?
Memphis Animal Services offers a wide range of programs & services including the sheltering of lost and homeless animals, pet adoption and placement, spay/neuter programs, handling of animal control complaints & bite cases, dog licensing, cruelty investigations, public information/humane education, and more.
You can search for lost & found pets at Memphis Animal Services here or at 2350 Appling City Cove, Memphis, TN 38133 or (901) 636-PAWS (7297).
Pet Health, Pet Behavior & Pet Info Sites
- American Animal Hospital Association
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
- American Board of Veterinary Practitioners
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges
- Association of American Feed Control Officials
- Veterinary Cancer Society
- United States Pharmacopeia
- American Kennel Club
- International Cat Care
- US FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine
- Southern Veterinary Partners
- Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement
- Companion Animal Parasite Council
- Clean Run - Agility Information
- Assisted Living for Seniors with Pets
- CDC Rabies Information
- CDC Zoonotic Diseases
- Pet Health Network – Find answers about your pet.
- Veterinary Oral Health Council – Pet dentistry information.
- APHIS Pet Travel – Basic information on domestic and international travel of pets by the US Department of Agriculture.
- Veterinary Information Network – This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine.
- Humane Society of the United States – Promotes the protection of all animals. Here you will find many wonderful animal-related stories and information on pet care, pet adoption, and animal welfare issues.
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences – Search a toxic plant database.
- ASPCA's Animal Poison Control Center – For any animal poison-related emergency or if worried your pet ate something toxic.
- Pets & Parasites – Recommendations for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of parasite infections.
- Heartworm Society – Learn more about deadly heartworms and what you can do to protect your pet.
- The ASPCA – Exists to promote humane principles, prevent cruelty and alleviate fear, pain, and suffering in animals.
- Dog Owner's Guide – This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- The Cat Fanciers' Association – This website provides pictures and information on cat breeds, cat care, upcoming cat shows, and more.
- HomeAgain & AKC Reunite Microchips & PetLink – Register & update your pet’s microchip information.
- Rainbow Bridge – A Grief Support Community for those who are hurting from the death of a beloved pet.
Please note, Memphis Animal Clinic provides these pet resources as information only - we do not recommend nor are we affiliated with these organizations or websites. Always call us with questions.